A Time to Love

A Time to Love" revolves around two childhood friends who grow up in the same apartment complex, and who as adults fall in love. Qu Ran (Vicki Zhao, the sexy assassin in "So Close") is the prettiest girl in the neighbourhood, while Hou Jia (Yi Lu) is the leader among his small group of friends. Qu Ran and Hou Jia's bond develops and extends into their high school years, even as Hou Jia is tasked with caring for his wheelchair-bound mother, and Qu Ran manages her studies. Love blooms between the two, but it's a relationship frown upon by both families. Though initially deterred, the two overcomes the obstacles to become lovers, all the while unaware of the shared history between their two families.
The first thing you notice is that references to Romeo and Juliet abound in "A Time to Love", mostly presented in three various forms: the written play by Shakespeare, Franco Zeffirelli's incomparable 1968 film, and a ballet production. The film goes to great pains to emphasize the similar metaphors between the two stories, even including a scene where Qu stands on a balcony reciting verses as Hou listens underneath.

I happened to watch this throughout brilliant movie last night. Ah... so good for my heart and soul.
I'm counting it in to my all-time-favourite-movies!
It portrays beautifully the innocent and sweet, yet tragic and painful love of these two characters. I'm so in love with that movie. I seldom got that touched when watching a movie. A MASTERPIECE <3


0 Comments:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
<< Home